Impact Hub Event – Eight Billion Lives MeetUp: Fighting Poverty
When: Wednesday, 6th September 2016
Where: Impact Hub, Gotzinger Str. 8, 81371 München (U-6 Haltestelle Implerstr.)
Register: See block at bottom of: http://munich.impacthub.net/event/eight-billion-lives-meetup-fighting-poverty/. Link includes further information on the event.
Held in English, this event focuses on a topic important import for all of us: Fighting Poverty. The evening’s focus will be to question and discuss the role of Social Entrepreneurship in fighting poverty as well as highlighting best- and worst practices. The following questions will guide our discussions:
· What is the role of Social Entrepreneurship in enabling the poor/disadvantaged and alleviating poverty?
· How can teaching / supporting entrepreneurship act as a powerful means to empower people to take charge of their own lives and create a sustainable living basis for themselves and for others?
· What is women’s role in social entrepreneurship and what are challenges that women face in becoming entrepreneurs?
Marketplace - Join experts and social start-ups from the international development field in Germany in creating a space for discussion, inspiration, exchange and networking around the theme ‘Social entrepreneurship and alleviating poverty.’ After the speaker presentations, there will be short pitching session where several organizations will present their topical passions to the marketplace. You can choose the one that appeals most to you, joining them in a table talk for discussion, debate and knowledge exchange.
The event will feature some of Munich’s leading NGOs/Social businesses. The featured speakers include:
- United for Hope – Tara McCartney
- Bonergie – Gabriele Schwarz
- World Food Programm Innovation Accelerator
- Frankfurt School of FInance and Management – Nora Becerra
- Endeva – Christina Tewes-Gradl
Confirmed guests for marketplace:
- Manaomea – Christine Artl
- Enactus München
- Fairafric – Hendrik Reimers
- Kaito Energy – Heidi Schiller
- Viva Con Aqua
18:30 Welcome, Introduction by Endeva & Impact Hub Munich
18:50 Speakers Input
20:00 Table Talks to deepen input
20:45 Open End & Networking
The event will provide you an opportunity to get to know the Impact Hub. With many international people working there, the Impact Hub is a shared working space for Social businesses, many with a global reach. Website: https://munich.impacthub.net
Event Partner: Endeva’s mission is to create wealth among low-income groups through inclusive business. Its experts work with all relevant companies, donors, governments and NGOs to create business models and ecosystems that include low-income people in value chains for mutual benefit. The organization has successfully implemented more than 100 projects, spanning the globe, market sectors, and themes. Website: